The term “us” or “we” refers to ChauffeurX a product of The Process Enterprise a private limited company incorporated and registered under the laws of South Africa with registration code 2019223160, registered office Cape Town, South Africa, or other The Process Enterprise group company or cooperation partner where ChauffeurX Services are not provided by The Process Enterprise.
Personal data we process
- name, e-mail, phone number, place of residence.
- Geolocation of drivers and driving routes.
- Information about vehicles (including registration number).
- Driver's efficiency and ratings.
- Driver's licence, photo, profession and identity documents.
- Data about criminal convictions and offences. The financial data of providing transportation services is not considered as personal data, because drivers provide services in the course of economic and professional activities.
- Data related to communication through instant messages directly in the ChauffeurX app ('Send a Message' option): date and time of the communication and its content.
Purposes of the processing
- We collect and process personal data for the purpose of connecting passengers with drivers to help them move around cities more efficiently.
- Geolocation and driving routes are processed to analyse the geographical area and give suggestions to the drivers. If you do not want to disclose your geolocation for passengers, you must close the ChauffeurX app or indicate in the ChauffeurX app that you are offline and currently are not providing transportation services.
- Driver's licence, profession, identity documents and criminal convictions and offences are processed to determine the compliance with the legal requirements and the suitability of pursuing a profession as a driver.
- ChauffeurX app displays driver's photo, name and vehicle details for the passengers to identify driver and vehicle.
- You will receive summaries from the ChauffeurX Driver Portal, which will include your efficiency and ratings as a driver. Summary and ratings about drivers are necessary to provide reliable services for passengers.
- Personal data related to instant messages directly in the ChauffeurX app is processed in order to provide service and customer support (including resolving disputes between driver and rider), for security purposes as well as to improve our products and services, and for analysis.
- Personal data is processed for the performance of the contract concluded with the driver. The prerequisite for the use of the ChauffeurX services is the processing of driver's identification and geolocation data.
- Personal data may be processed on the ground of legitimate interest in investigating and detecting fraudulent payments.
- Data regarding the criminal convictions and offences is processed for compliance with a legal obligation.
- Your personal data is only disclosed to passengers, whose order has been accepted by you. Passengers will see the driver's name, vehicle, phone number, photo and geolocation data. Passengers also see the driver's personal data in the receipt.
- Depending on the location of the driver, the personal data may be disclosed to the ChauffeurX local subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, agents etc). Processing of personal data will occur under the same conditions as established in this privacy notice.
Security and access
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing services is transferred to and stored in the data centres of Oracle Cloud and/or Amazon Web Services, Inc., which are located in the territories of South Africa. Only authorised employees of ChauffeurX group companies and partners have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the services (including disputes regarding transportation services).
Processing passengers personal data
- You may not process the personal data of passengers without the permission of us. You may not contact any passenger or collect, record, store, grant access, use or cross-use the personal data provided by the passenger or accessible to you via the ChauffeurX app for any reason other than for the purposes of fulfilling the transportation services.
- You must comply with the rules and conditions for processing of personal data of passengers as set forth in the Privacy Notice for Passengers (https://www.chauffeurx.com/legal/). If you violate the requirements for the processing of personal data of passengers, we may terminate your driver's account and claim damages from you.
Access, correction, retention, deletion and data portability
- Personal data can be viewed and corrected in ChauffeurX Driver Portal.
- Your personal data will be stored as long as you have an active driver's account. If your account will be closed the personal data will be stored for an additional 3 year period.
- Data necessary for accounting purposes shall be stored for 7 years.
- In the event that there are suspicions of a criminal offence, fraud or false information having been provided, the data will be stored as long as necessary according to the internal, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- In the event of disputes, the data shall be retained until the claim is satisfied or the expiry date of such claims.
- We respond to the request for deleting and transferring personal data submitted by an email within a month and specify the period of data deletion and transfer.
- The retention period for the data about instant messages directly in the ChauffeurX app messages is 90 days, except cases where messages are related to a reported incident - in which case we will store them for 6 month..
- Disputes relating to the processing of personal data are resolved through customer support (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by contacting ChauffeurX's Data Protection Officer (email@example.com).